Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Feel So Alone

Hello,

I am 18 going on 19 soon. I got married at the age of 16 and i know that is a young age to get married at, but it is part of my culture and part of my culture is that we get married early and have kids early. I always told myself that i was not going to get married young and have a kid at a young age. But i can't tell the future...i don't know what the future holds for me nor do i know what my moves/decisions are in the future. At the time when i met my husband i was only 14, i didn't have thoughts that the two of us were going to be married at 16 and 18. I am not saying that i regret getting married my to my husband, just at the time when i got married i was still only a junior in high school, i guess getting married at that young of an age was too much for my so called friends so they decided to stop hanging out with me on top of that stopped talking to me. Made me very sad along with depressed. After only being married for only a few months i found out i was pregnant with my son. As words got out that i was having a baby, people really started to look at me weird and talked about me a lot. And the so called friends make a bigger deal out of it and talked about me even more. That hurt me a lot because i didn't think that my friends would turn their backs on me over some stupid reason like me being married and having a kid. I soon realize who my true friends were and weren't. It turned out to be only my husband that was my one and true friend all this time. 

At the time that i was pregnant with my son, my husband was a senior and i was a junior, it was nice to have him around cause when i was feeling down he was there for me. He soon graduated and i was left alone for my senior year. Going back to school for me was indeed very hard, i went back to school with a really big pregnant belly. Then i had these really immature WHITE GUYS that had always talked about me non stop, also they made fun of me ever since freshman year just because of my race. They would call me a hoe, slut, whore, and other mean things which really hurt me, yet alone i was pregnant so my hormones were already whacked up that with people talking about me 24/7 didn't make things any easier. I didn't really have anyone to share my feelings with nor did i have a friend that i could lean on. The only person that i had from the start till now is my one and only HUSBAND.
But even sometimes he doesn't even understand how i feel...it gets so lonely and depressing when i don't have a single friend to hang with and share how i am feeling inside. So what i do is i bottle everything inside of me and cry to myself. 

I never thought that it would ever get this lonely and depressing. I finally have my place of my own and i love it, just i don't have friends to come over to hang out with me and talk and have girl time. All i do now is sit at home all day and night is watch my son and watch the same old movies over and over. It does get very boring but i love my son to death. And he always finds something to make me laugh and enjoy my day. Just sometimes i would really love if i had a special sister or friend that i could hang with when i am down and super bored. 

I just wish i could have my friends back again...but i know that isn't going to happen because i am not cool enough for them anymore since i got married and had a kid. I remember there was this one time that one of the girls i use to hang out with came to see me and my son after coming home from the hospital. Throughout my whole junior year and half most of my senior year, she ignored me and when she heard that my son and i came home from the hospital she pretended to be my my friend again. The thing that made me really mad was she came over to see me and my son and she was all like ohhh April your son is so cute..i can't believe that you are a mommy now...you are so cool..then days later she stopped talking to me and did what she did best, and that was ignoring me. I figured she only wanted to see if my baby was cute or not so she can have something new to talk about me. But i can careless now...i will just be the bigger person and let it go...now she has no friends and is using this certain someone as a so called friend to make her happy...

Lately i have been so lonely and sad....my husband doesn't always get what i mean and how i feel...he is a guy and i don't expect him either, just sometime he isn't always the best supporter... 

4 comments:

  1. April,
    Friends are not everything, concentrate on the positive and not the negative. If ever someone ever called me a whore I would send him to hell! LOL! That's to harsh. BUT anyways ignore those haters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, never, EVER, EVER, EVER assume that you aren't 'cool enough' for people to want to hang out with.

    I've always had lower self esteem, it's something i'm battling with. I never thought I was cool enough or pretty enough or thin enough to be one of the cool kids. I recently came to realize that it doesn't matter. Because when 'the cool kids' do things that hurt me or exclude me, that isn't very cool. And I don't need immature people like that to be around me.

    I'm my own cool kid. None of my friends really get my love for beauty, they don't take it seriously. They're all music and movie buffs and as much as I love some good music and a good movie, my life doesn't revolve around that. I'm able to carry a conversation about more than just how wasted I got at some festival. And that's OK. I don't let myself feel like I'm not cool enough just because I don't share other people's interests.

    Your 'friends' are still very young. So are you. You've been through things that have made you grow up and mature much faster than the people around you. Sometimes it's hard for them to understand and they react immaturely. And sometimes, when you are in different places than other people, you have to let them go.

    I know this is a super long comment! But your post upset me :( You're so young and have so much to be grateful for! You have your own place, a beautiful son and a loving husband. You just need to find something for yourself.

    I like blogging because, as I said, none of my friends are into beauty. But through my blog, I've been able to connect with so many wonderful women who share my interests and don't think of me as a bimbo because I like makeup. Apart from my family and a few super close friends, I don't get that out here.

    How old is your son? Maybe you should take him to a mommy and me class and meet some of the other moms? Or are there any classes you would like to take? Maybe art classes or work out classes? (I'm a huge fan of pilates hehe)

    I also suffer from depression. I know what it's like to feel like you're stuck in a dark box and can't get out. Sometimes you have to force yourself because when things get stale, that's when you start to focus on the less pleasant things.

    Anyway, sorry this is a long msg, but again, your post really touched me. I have my contact details on my blog prettyinthedesert.blogspot.com. If you like, pop over and you can message me or email me if you want to talk. (I hope I don't sound creepy!!) I am significantly older than you, but I spent the majority of my late teens and early twenties in and out of therapy and on and off of drugs so I know what it's like to feel so blue that you don't see an end to it.

    I hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. April I agree with pretty in the desert. Don't worry and know that I'm always here to talk to you too. Just call or text me anytime. Welcome to blogging and I hope you enjoy it. :D Just wanted to let you know I gave you an award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patt: I guess you're right..but i would just like some friends that i can share my feelings with you know..i don't really have a social life anymore..and when i see other girls talk and have fun it sorta makes me sad...that that isn't me you know..but i will do what you said and focus on the positive things..

    Prettyinthedesert: First of all i wanted to say that you are not a creep, and the comment even thought it was long i enjoyed reading it...and my son is only going to be 15 months...i don't know if there are any mommy classes where i live...i live in a really small town that there is hardly anything to do..and suffering from depression really sucks because not only do you feel like it's the end of the world but you feel so alone and trapped in this lonesome world you know...but yes whenever i need something i will sure email you or something, thanks a lot..it really meant something to me for you to write such a sweet comment...thanks

    Pam: Thanks Pam..i really appreciate you being there for me...and thanks for the award...lol

    ReplyDelete